Unknown Risk Profile:
One of the tenets of Cloud Computing is the reduction of
hardware and software ownership and maintenance to allow
companies to focus on their core business strengths. This has
clear financial and operational benefits, which must be
weighed carefully against the contradictory security concerns
— complicated by the fact that cloud deployments are driven by
anticipated benefits, by groups who may lose track of the
Versions of software, code updates, security practices,
vulnerability profiles, intrusion attempts, and security
design, are all important factors for estimating your
company’s security posture. Information about who is sharing
your infrastructure may be pertinent, in addition to network
intrusion logs, redirection attempts and/or successes, and
Security by obscurity may be low effort, but it can result
in unknown exposures. It may also impair the in-depth analysis
required highly controlled or regulated operational areas.
- Disclosure of applicable logs and data.
- Partial/full disclosure of infrastructure details (e.g.,
patch levels, firewalls, etc.).
- Monitoring and alerting on necessary information.
Cloud customers need assurance that providers are following sound security practices in mitigating the risks facing both the customer and the provider (e.g., DDoS attacks). They need this in order to make sound business decisions and to maintain or obtain security certifications.
Our Cloud Security Assessments provide means for customers to:
1. assess the risk of adopting cloud services;
2. compare different cloud provider offerings;
3. obtain assurance from selected cloud providers;
4. reduce the assurance burden on cloud providers.
5. select and deploy the security monitoring tools needed and customizing the flow analysis features available on routers.
Our Cloud Security Assessment evaluation will cover all aspects of security requirements.
For a complete Cloud Security Assessment and Penetration Testing for an existing configuration please select: