Essential Tips to Ensure Your
Press Release Makes the News.
- Make sure the information is newsworthy.
- Tell the audience that the information is intended for them and why they
should continue to read it.
- Start with a brief description of the news, then distinguish who announced
it, and not the other way around.
- Ask yourself, "How are people going to relate to this and will they be able
- Make sure the first 10 words of your release are effective, as they are the
- Avoid excessive use of adjectives and fancy language.
- Deal with the facts.
- Provide as much Contact information as possible: Individual to Contact,
address, phone, fax, email, Web site address.
- Make sure you wait until you have something with enough substance to issue a
- Make it as easy as possible for media representatives to do their jobs.